Public Meeting: Tasmanian Government's Northern Regional Prison Proposal
Posted on August 09, 2021
Missed the meeting? Read the feedback and related information documents here.
Thank you to everyone who attended the public meeting about the State Government's Northern Regional Prison proposal. Despite adverse weather, the meeting was well attended and we appreciate everyone who shared their views and asked questions.
If you were unable to attend, please find links below to the information sheets distributed on the night, full copies of all submissions received (with some personal details redacted) and questions (and their answers) submitted but not answered due to time constraints.
Information Sheets and Submissions Received
• For an overview of the planning and rezoning process for the Tasmanian Government's Northern Regional Prison Proposal, click here
• To view the recorded livestream of the meeting, click play on the the link below (available until 14 September, 2021)
• To view all submissions received during the advertised period (in full), click here
• To view a summary of submissions received during the advertised period, click here
• Council also received a small number of late submissions - to view these in full, click here
• Any questions submitted during the meeting but not answered due to time constraints have now been compiled. Click here to view the questions, together wth answers provided by either Council or the Tasmanian Government (as appropriate).
For updates on the progress of the proposal, visit the Tasmanian Government's Northern Regional Prison Information Page