Payments & Services
Waste & Recycling
Facilities & Infrastructure
The State Government's Pensioner Rates Remission provides pensioners with a rebate for Council rates. To be eligible to receive the rebate, as at 1 July each year you must:
1. Be the owner and occupier of the property for which you are claiming a remission and the property must be your (principal) place of residence.
2. Have one of the following valid cards:
• Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)
• Health Care Card (HCC) (Seniors Health Care Cards do not qualify)
• Department of Veteran Affairs "Gold Card" (must be endorsed War Widow or TPI)
* An Australian Government Seniors Health Card does NOT qualify the holder for a rates remission
Applications for Pensioner Rate Remissions must be received by 31 March to receive the rebate that financial year. (eg. applications for the 2022/2023 financial year must be received no later than 31 March 2023). Retrospective applications can be submitted, however, conditions apply. For more information on retrospective applications phone Council on 6393 5300.