Waste Disposal Vouchers
How, when and where to use your domestic waste disposal vouchers
All owners of rateable properties in Meander Valley are issued two domestic waste disposal vouchers every year. Vouchers are designed to assist residents to manage their general domestic waste responsibly and provides access to a range of waste facilities.
Waste vouchers for the 2022-23 financial year will be delivered with annual rates notices issued in July.
The value of waste vouchers has been increased from $18 to $32 to allow for the Tasmanian Government's Landfill Levy.
How do I use my vouchers?
Present your voucher upon entry to the waste facility to receive up to $32 (including GST) for general domestic waste disposal.
Can more than one voucher be used at a time?
Yes. You can use a maximum of two (2) vouchers per visit.
What can I dispose of?
Vouchers can only be used for the disposal of general domestic waste. Commercial waste and controlled waste such as asbestos will not be accepted. For more information about what can be disposed of, see the terms and conditions below. Recyclable materials can be disposed of for free. For more information, click here
Can I share my vouchers?
Vouchers are issued to each specific property. However, you can choose to give your vouchers to others to use on your behalf.
Do the vouchers expire?
Yes. Vouchers are valid for use until 30 June 2023.
Where can I use my vouchers?
Meander Valley Council's waste disposal vouchers are accepted at the following waste facilities:
• Deloraine Waste Disposal Site, 54 Tip Road, Deloraine
• Launceston Waste Centre, Cavalry Road, Mowbray. For opening times and more information click here
• Cluan Waste Disposal Site, 263 Cluan Road, Westbury
• Mole Creek Waste Transfer Station, 84 Mersey Hill Road, Mole Creek
Due to operational constraints, vouchers are not accepted at the Meander Waste Transfer Station which is independently operated.
Terms and Conditions
• Vouchers must be presented at time of disposal.
• Vouchers can only be used for general domestic waste only, no commercial loads.
• Excludes controlled waste, including asbestos and hospital waste, sharps, liquid trade waste, chemical waste, herbicides, pesticides, animal carcasses, tyres, fridges, freezers and mattresses.
• A maximum of two (2) vouchers may be used at one time.
• Waste disposal charges will apply for loads that exceed the value of the voucher and must be paid at the time of disposal (please note that Eftpos is currently not available at Meander Valley Council's waste facilities).
• Credit is not provided for loads which do not take full advantage of the dollar value of the voucher.
• Vouchers are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
• If using the the Launceston Waste Centre, vouchers must first be validated at the Recycling Shed.