Grants, funding & business networks
Doing business online
If you need help transitioning to an online business model or upgrading your existing online presence, there are a range of FREE resources to get you started.
Digital Ready Program
In response to COVID-19, registered businesses can now access a FREE two (2) hour coaching session with an expert digital coach to help with websites, social media, advertising, online tools, Google strategies and more. To book a FREE session phone 1800 955 660 or visit www.digitalready.tas.gov.au
Digital Solutions Program
This program is designed for the small business owner or start up businesses with an ABN and less than 20 employees. This program is FREE and help topics include:
• Building a successful website and selling online
• Building effective social media and digital marketing campaigns
• Implementing and managing small business software
• Online safety and data protection
Registration for the program is required as coaching sessions are tailored to individual business needs. To register or for more information phone 6349 1919 or visit www.vandiemanproject.com.au
COVID-19 Safety Plans
All workplaces need to have a COVID-19 safety plan in place. The Tasmanian Government's website contains information about the requirements and useful templates. To get started, click here
Other support services
There are a range of grants, loans and funding packages available for Tasmanian businesses who have been affected by COVID-19.
• For more information about support packages available, eligibility criteria and to apply online visit: www.business.tas.gov.au
• For information about employee support packages from the State and Federal Governments visit: www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au
• Phone the Australian Government’s Business Hotline on 13 28 46 to speak with a specialist business advisor who will be able to assist you.
Financial Hardship Assistance
Council can provide relief from rates payments to those suffering genuine and serious financial hardship. For more information or to apply, click here