Information & Service Updates
Latest information about Council services
Whilst wearing a mask is no longer compulsory, it is encouraged when social distancing is not possible.
Is your visit essential?
We can assist you by phone, email or video conference and a range of services can be accessed via Council's website, including:
• Lodging a service request
• Making payments
• Dog registration applications and cancellations
• Council meetings - register a question, read minutes or listen to audio recordings of meetings
• Property planning and cemetery search information
Visiting Council's office
Council’s customer service office is open for walk-in enquiries for a maximum of thirty four (34) people at a time. When entering you must:
• Sanitise your hands
• Maintain social distancing where possible and;
• Make any payments contactless if possible by using card, not cash
You must not enter Council's office or other indoor facilities if:
• You think you may have COVID-19 or have cold or flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, runny nose, sore or itchy throat, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell.
• Think you may have been exposed to COVID-19
• Are awaiting the result of a COVID-19 test
• You have been instructed to isolate
• You have been instructed to quarantine and your quarantine period has not ended
COVID-19 social distancing requirements have been relaxed and there is no longer a limit on the number of people that may attend the public gallery (beyond the practical limits of the room).
As seating is limited in any case, bookings are essential, particularly in respect of planning related matters which sometimes attract larger numbers of attendees. Where there is a need to manage demand, seating will be prioritised as follows:
For planning decisions: applicants and representors have first priority. A representor is a community member who writes to Council to object to or support
a planning application. Statutory timeframes apply for making a valid submission.
All other decisions: priority of access is offered to members of the public who preregister to attend (in order of registration).
Members of the media are welcome to take up any seats not in use by the public or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request information about a Council decision.
For information on how to make online or written submissions or to ask a question on notice online, click here
Outdoor recreational spaces
Playgrounds, skate parks and tennis courts
These facilities are open. Please remain 1.5m from others where possible and continue to follow health advice.
All of Council's barbecues are open for use. When using these facilities:
• Ensure you clean the cooking surface and all touch points before and after use
• Sanitise your hands regularly and maintain social distancing where possible.
Council's community sporting facilities
Council's Community Sporting facilities are open to casual hirers. Remember to sanitise and maintain social distancing where possible.
Council’s public toilets
Council's public toilets are open. Remember to sanitise and maintain social distancing where possible.
Council’s self - contained RV rest stops
Bracknell River Reserve Self-Contained RV Rest Stop
Permits are required and available for purchase from the Bracknell Roadhouse, 28 Elizabeth Street, Bracknell.
Deloraine Self-Contained RV Rest Stop
Permits are required and available for purchase from the Great Western Tiers Visitor Information Centre located at 98-100 Emu bay Road, Deloraine.
If using these facilities, remember to remain 1.5m away from others and follow health advice.
Great Western Tiers Visitor Information Centre
When entering the Visitor Centre please maintain social distancing where possible, sanitise your hands and make any payments contactless if possible by using card, not cash.
Bookings at halls and at leased venues
Halls under the management of committees and venues leased by Council are taking bookings.
Bookings at Council managed venues
Casual bookings are being taken. Casual hirers will be responsible for any additional cleaning costs. For more information about hiring a facility please contact Council on 6393 5300.