Emailed Rates Notices - Terms & Conditions
Please note: You can only register to receive your rates notices via email. Other correspondence from Council will continue to be sent by post, so it is important to notify Council if your postal address changes. Once registered, all future rates notices will be sent via email. Council is unable to email previous rates notices.
1. Council will no longer post paper rates, instalment or overdue notices to you, or any person to whom paper notices for the nominated property were previously sent.
2. All future rates, instalment or overdue notices will be in the form of a PDF attachment to an email sent to the address nominated by you.
3. You must advise any other person to whom the paper rates, instalment or overdue notices are currently being sent that they will no longer receive paper rates, instalment or overdue notices as a result of your request. Council will not be responsible for providing this notification.
4. You must check your nominated email address for rates and instalment notices before the respective payment due dates being the last business day of August, October, January and March each year.
5. You agree that you are deemed to have received the email when it reaches your internet service provider, whether or not you have opened or read the email.
6. You agree that you will retain the rates, instalment or overdue notice information yourself electronically or by printing it. Council will not re-issue notices that have been emailed.
7. You can withdraw your request for email delivery of rates, instalment or overdue notices at any time by de-registering on Council’s website.
8. You are responsible for keeping your email address up to date with Council. If you change your email address you must cancel your registration and re-register with your new details.
9. The delivery of rates, instalment or overdue notices via email will be cancelled if any owner of the nominated property or their authorised agent requests cancellation.
10. Upon withdrawal or cancellation of the email delivery service, Council will commence sending paper rates, instalment or overdue notices to the last advised mailing address for that property.
11. If Council receives a ‘bounce-back’ notification from your email address, a paper rates, instalment or overdue notice will be sent to your last advised mailing address for the property. If two or more consecutive ‘bounce-backs’ occur, Council may cancel the request for email delivery of rates, instalment or overdue notices for that property. An ‘out of office’ notification will not be considered as a ‘bounce-back’ notification.
12. In the event that debt recovery is required on either rates accounts, these notices will be posted to the last recorded mailing address for that property.