Apply for a concession or discount

Discounted fees apply for desexed dogs, concession card holders and some special registrations

Owner Details

If your dog is already registered with Meander Valley Council but things have changed, you my be eligible for a discounted fee.

Complete the form below if:

  • Your dog has recently been desexed
  • You have become a concession card holder
  • Your non-desexed dog is now a working dog
  • Your dog is now used for breeding purposes and you have recently become a member of the Tasmanian Canine Association
  • Your dog has recently been registered with the Tasmanian Greyhound Racing Board

Dog Details

If you cannot provide a copy of the dog's sterilisation certificate you must provide the contact details of your veterinarian below:

By providing these details, you consent to Meander Valley Council contacting your veterinarian to confirm the dog is desexed.

Concession card holders are eligible for a discount for one non-desexed dog only. To apply you must hold a valid:

  • Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)
  • Health Care Card (HCC) (Seniors Health Care Cards do not qualify)
  • Department of Veterans' Affairs "Gold Card" (must be endorsed War Widow or TPI)

By submitting this form:

Personal Information Protection Statement

The personal information that Council collects from you is deemed personal information for the purposes of the Personal Information Protection Act 2004. The intended recipients of personal information collected by Meander Valley Council may be:

  • Officers within Meander Valley Council
  • Data service providers engaged by Council from time to time

The supply of the information by you is voluntary. If you cannot provide or do not wish to provide the information sought, Meander Valley Council may be unable to process your application or request. Council is collecting this personal information from you for the purposes of managing, assessing, advising upon and determining the relevant application. You may make an application to access or to amend your personal information held by Council. Please direct any enquiries regarding your personal information in writing to: General Manager, Meander Valley Council, PO Box 102, Westbury, TAS 7303.