Small Business Grants Program
Grant funding to support small businesses to recommence operations after the COVID-19 Disease Emergency.
Meander Valley Council has allocated grant funding to support small businesses to recommence operations after the COVID-19 Disease Emergency. Applications will be competitively assessed with grant amounts up to a maximum of $5,000 available as one-off payments to applicants who meet the eligibility criteria and can demonstrate an adverse financial impact from the COVID-19 Disease Emergency.
To be eligible to apply for a Small Business Grant, applicants must:
• Be a small business with up to 20 full-time equivalent staff prior to 19 March 2020;
• Be a sole trader, partnership, company or trust;
• Be registered in Australia for taxation purposes with an active ABN;
• Demonstrate that they operate “for profit” as an ongoing concern (not a hobby or private not-for-profit);
• Be located and operating in the Meander Valley local government area;
• Demonstrate financial hardship and provide evidence to support a loss or future loss as a consequence of the COVID-19 Disease Emergency;
• Not be subject to any legal impediment, including bankruptcy or liquidation, that would impact the continuance of the business or trade of the business; and
• As of 19 March 2020, been operating as a business for two months or greater.
When do applications close and where can I get more information?
Applications must be received by 5pm, Sunday 14 June 2020. There is no advantage in rushing your application as all applications will only be assessed after the closure date. More information about eligibility requirements and the assessment process can be found in the Small Business Grant Guidelines
How do I apply?
Use the form below to submit your application and electronically upload any supporting documents
Click here to download a printable form. Mail the completed form and copies of any supporting documents to:
Attn: Business Engagement Officer, PO Box 102, Westbury Tasmania 7303
Need help applying?
If you require assistance or have questions about your application, please contact Council by phone on 6393 5300.