You are here:Home / SERVICE / Public and Environmental Health / Food Applications

Food Applications

Council monitors and regulates the operation and premises from which the sale and distribution of prepared food for consumption by the public takes place. This ranges from commercial kitchens within premises of resort complexes such as the Country Club Casino to food stalls and caravans at public events.

Is it necessary to make application to prepare food for consumption by the public?
The Food Act 2003 requires the owner, occupier or operator of any premises, vehicle or equipment used for, or in relation to, the manufacture of sale of food to register the premises, vehicle or equipment with the Council. All new businesses intending to handle or sell any type of food must complete a Notification of a Food Business form, below.
Print and fill out the application form below.

Do fees apply?
An annual fee of $167.50 applies to an established food premises.

Further enquiries or food related complaints?
Further information is available from and complaints can be lodged with Council's Environmental Health Office between 8.30am and 5.00pm weekdays on 6393 5300.

Select which application you require from the links below:


Applications and Information for Mobile Food Businesses

Mobile Food Businesses also require registration. A mobile food business can choose to apply for a once-off temporary registration or for state-wide registration. Select one of the links below for an application form. The booklet below, contains useful information you will need to know when operating a Mobile Food Business.

PLEASE NOTE: Completed form and payment MUST be received by Council a minimum of 7 days prior to event to allow time for processing.

Vendors Permit

Council has recently adopted a policy to formalise the process for Council to grant permits for the sale of goods from a public street or Council owned or managed property.


If you wish to sell food from a vehicle in the Meander Valley municipal area from a public street or Council owned or operated land a Vendors Permit is now required.  

Two types of permit may be issued:

  • Specific Site Vendors Permit – e.g. food van operating from Westbury Village Green, Deloraine Rotary Park or Hadspen Lions Park; or
  • Variable Site Vendors Permit – e.g. ice cream vendors stopping at various locations within a 15 minute period


More information can be found in the Policy and Guidelines below:

I would like to...