Draft Meander Valley Local Provisions Schedule
Substantial Modifications to the Draft Meander Valley Local Provisions Schedule – Public Exhibition
Invitation for Written Representations
Following the Tasmanian Planning Commission hearings into the Draft Meander Valley Local Provisions Schedule (Draft LPS), the Commission has issued a notice under section 35K(1)(c) of the Land Use Planning & Approvals Act 1993 (the Act), directing Council to substantially modify some parts of its submitted Draft LPS.
Pursuant to section 35B of the Act, the Commission has directed Council to exhibit the substantial modifications and invite representations.
The substantial modifications include:
- Deletion of the Specific Area Plan at Kimberley and applying the Rural Living Zone B and D, activating the relevant provisions for subdivision;
- Deletion of the Local Area Objectives overlay relating to the Specific Area Plans at Kimberley, Chudleigh, Davis Road, Deloraine, Elizabeth Town, Meander, Westbury;
- Rezoning of land to the General Residential Zone and inclusion of a Specific Area Plan at Entally Lodge, Meander Valley Road, Hadspen;
- Modification of the use table in the Low Density Residential Zone to prohibit multiple dwellings at Chudleigh, Davis Road, Deloraine, Elizabeth Town, Meander, Pumicestone Ridge, Westbury;
- Subdivision provisions to allow for increased density of lots in the Low Density Residential Zone at Deloraine where sites are to be connected to reticulated sewer, water and stormwater services;
- Subdivision provisions to provide for utilities or public use at Pumicestone Ridge;
- Modification of subdivision provisions in the Upper Golden Valley Specific Area Plan to allow for subdivision where it does not require direct access to the Highland Lakes Road;
- Modification of the Travellers Rest Specific Area Plan to include additional plan purpose statements, use standards, development standards for building and works and development standards for subdivision;
- Subdivision and setback provisions in the Specific Area Plan over the Low Density Residential Zone at Westbury;
- Insertion of a Specific Area Plan at Reedy Marsh;
- Inclusion of Priority Vegetation Area overlay to a number of properties at Reedy Marsh;
- Rezoning of land at 1 Meander Valley Road, Westbury to Low Density Residential Zone.
To view the Substantially Modified Part of the Draft Meander Valley Local Provisions Schedule click here
To view the Tasmanian Planning Commission decision click here
To view the Tasmanian Planning Commission notice requiring substantial modifications click here
The Tasmanian Planning Commission directions arising from matters raised at the hearings are discussed in a supporting document.
To view this report click here
A hard copy of the documents can also be viewed at Council’s office at 26 Lyall St, Westbury (open 8.30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday)
or at the Tasmanian Planning Commission, Level 3, 144 Macquarie Street, Hobart (open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday)
Representations can be made in writing to the General Manager, Meander Valley Council:
- by post to PO Box 102, Westbury 7303; or
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
from Monday 15 June 2020 to Thursday 13 August 2020.
Please note: Representations must be related to the substantially modified part of the Draft LPS on exhibition. Representations that relate to other matters or the content of the State Planning Provisions cannot be accepted.
Enquiries can be directed to Council’s Senior Strategic Planner on 6393 5300.
Report on the Representations (as included in the April Ordinary Council Meeting Agenda)
Meander Valley Council Local Provisions Schedule Section 35 Report
Meander Valley Council Local Provisions Schedule Section 35 Report - Representations Volume 1
Meander Valley Local Provisions Schedule Section 35 Report - Representations Volume 2
For information purposes, information and links to the documents that were placed on public exhibition is available below:
The Tasmanian Planning Scheme
The Tasmanian Planning Scheme (TPS) will apply across the whole State. It will replace the current planning schemes that operate in each Council area. The TPS is made up of the State Planning Provisions and a Local Provisions Schedule for each council area.
State Planning Provisions
The State Planning Provisions (SSP's) were made by the Minister in February 2017 with minor amendments in April 2018. The SPP’s set out the way the planning scheme operates, the zones that can be applied to land and the planning rules for use and development that occurs within those zones. The SPP’s also include planning rules in codes, relating to matters that occur across various zones. The intent of the Tasmanian Planning Scheme is to achieve as much consistency as possible in the planning rules that apply across the State.
Local Provisions Schedule
The Local Provisions Schedule (LPS) requirements are set out in the State Planning Provisions and are part of the legislated framework. The LPS is made up of:
• The zone maps
• Local area objectives (LAO's)
• Particular Purpose Zones (PPZ's)
• Specific Area Plans (SAP's)
• Site Specific Qualifications (SSQ's)
• Code overlay maps (prescribed and local data)
• Code lists
The written rules of the Draft Local Provisions Schedule are included in Appendix A of the State Planning Provisions. To view or download a copy click here
The map books are available as downloadable PDF's in A3 size by clicking on the links below:
TPS Zones - Draft Meander Valley LPS
TPS Codes - Draft Meander Valley LPS - Volume 1
TPS Codes - Draft Meander Valley LPS - Volume 2
TPS Codes - Draft Meander Valley LPS - Volume 3
To access an online interactive map of the zones and overlays click here
The contents of the Draft LPS and associated requirements under the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993 are discussed in a supporting report. To view or download a copy of this report, click here
The Draft LPS includes some specific area plans, site specific qualifications and code applying provisions that are currently operating in the Meander Valley Planning Scheme 2013. These provisions have been approved by the Minister for Planning to transition into the Draft LPS under Schedule 6 of the Act and must be included in the Draft LPS.