If you have recently become a pensioner, or have recently moved into the Meander Valley Council area, you will need to complete an Application for Pensioner Rate Remission, which can be obtained by contacting Council on 6393 5300.
This form, together with a photocopy of your Pension, DVA or Health Care Card, must be received by Council by 31 March of any year in which the rates are calculated.
To be eligible for a pensioner rate remission you must as at the 1st July of the financial year:
1. Be the owner/occupier of the property for which you are claiming a rebate, and
2. Have one of the following cards:
- DSS - Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)
- DVA - Repatriation Health Card ('Gold Card')
- Health Care Card - a current HCC