Hard Waste Collection
2017 Hard Waste Collection Service
Meander Valley Council offers residents in the municipality the opportunity to dispose of unwanted hard waste items each year. The Hard Waste Collection Service is an opportunity for residents to dispose of items that cannot be placed in the regular kerbside collection.
The 2017 Hard Waste Collection Service is scheduled for Monday 13 to Friday 17 November 2017.
Please note that residents of Meander Valley are required to register for this service. Registrations will OPEN from 1 August 2017 with last registrations accepted until 5:00pm on Wednesday 8 November 2017.
Residents are reminded of the following general conditions of collection:
- Only items registered with the Council can be placed out for collection
- Maximum 40 kg weights for each item apply; two people must be able to safely lift each item.
- Maximum lengths apply; items must not exceed 1.5 metres in length.
- The total volume of items must not exceed 3.0 cubic metres per property (2.0 metres wide, 1.5 metres deep, 1.0 metre high) – this is approximately the space of an average dining table.
- All items with doors must have their doors removed prior to being placed out for collection. This requirement also refers to refrigerators and freezers.
- Items will only be collected from those properties that have pre-registered for the service.
- Only registered items will be collected
- Residents are to place items out for collection no earlier than the evening before their first scheduled collection date and no later than 6.00am on their first collection day.
Items which fail to meet these conditions will not be collected.
Terms and Conditions
By requesting a hard waste collection all registered residents agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
Items must be placed out no earlier than the day before the collection and no later than 6:00am of the morning of the collection:
- Items will be placed out for the scheduled collection day
- Items left for collection must be able to be easily lifted by two people and must be less than 1.5 metres in length
- Any items registered for collection that have a door, for example, cupboards, refrigerators and washing machines, will have the doors removed and placed neatly beside the item
- No hazardous or prohibited items will be left out for collection.
Items that will NOT be collected are:
- Tyres and engine blocks
- Green waste (including tree branches and lawn clippings)
- Liquids (including paint, chemicals or oils)
- Trade waste (including grease, oils, chemicals)
- Broken glass
- Gas cylinders
- Loose rubble (including bricks and concrete)
Items will not be collected from within property boundaries or inside fences, porches or any location other than the nature strip or footpath immediately adjacent the property.
Items will be collected on the scheduled collection day even if it is raining.
Residents may register their hard waste collection from 1 August 2017 by contacting the Council Customer Service desk on 6393 5300. Anyone who cannot get articles to the kerbside (eg. due to illness, frailty, or disability) should inform the Council to arrange collection from within the property.